Issues to be addressed, in my opinion, included (in no particular order) - but were not limited to:
- Colliding laws and/or jurisdictions and misinterpretations of those laws and/or jurisdictions
- No accountability
- Inaccurate and deceptive public databases pertaining to "current issues with engineers"
- Judges that turn a blind eye and refuse to hear the issues at scheduled trial dates - allowing problems to fester!
- Judgments that do not allow for proper tax returns pertaining to personal and/or business income and expenses
- Issues hidden and/or not brought to light even in matters of public safety
- No due process and most basic constitutional rights - completely trampled
- The wrong persons and/or organizations are held liable in matters of negligence
- The engineer's seal means nothing
- No law requiring a seal on the truss placement guide
11. Extremely bad precedents or none allowed in so many issues (i.e., software, seal on placement guide, accountability, etc.)
- Money and/or status and/or power speak louder than fundamental justice
- Dangerous provisions
14. Missing provisions (i.e., no regulations/requirements pertaining to engineering software)
15. Bad assumptions (i.e., engineers can act as code testers and recognize and/or identify problems in software and/or can force a change even if they see one that is needed and/or have a system for documenting concerns )
16. No one needs to advise the public in matters of public safety in spite of Kamloops v. Nielsen decision
- Constitutional Rights are violated and public inquiries looking at "system problems" are an illusion
- Massive liabilities
- Massive costs
- Legal system bogged down by lawsuits as courts allow delay tactic after delay tactic
- Truss sales reps (non-engineers) held accountable and engineers who seal drawings are not!
22. Pseudo-engineers at so many levels... completely unqualified to speak on matters of structural integrity
23. Virtually no methods/procedures/policies in building services department(s)
FOR OVER 4 YEARS NOW - UNFORTUNATELY, ALL I CONTINUED TO SEE - FROM BUILDING CODE ENFORCEMENT/ REGULATORY BODIES WAS DENIAL - AS THEY CONTINUED TO CLOSE THEIR EYES AND REFUSED TO HOLD SO MANY (including regulatory bodies) ACCOUNTABLE... IN MATTERS OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, IN MY OPINION, ONLY MADE MATTERS WORSE!!!